Years before Simon Sinek spoke about the “Power of Why”, I found my “Why” in employer-sponsored retirement plans like 401k and Defined Benefit Pension Plans. My clients were hard-working businesses trying to retain their employees and their employees trying to save enough for a secure and comfortable retirement. Working alongside them, I found that there were 2 main problems plaguing businesses and American workers when it comes to their retirement plan:
- Lack of guidance: All too often, companies and their executives are not given proper guidance and sometimes no guidance on which type of retirement plan to offer, how to design their retirement plan properly, and how to protect the company and executives from the fiduciary liability that comes with sponsoring a 401k. This lack of guidance exposes the company and all plan decision-makers to personal risk. As a result, many employers have underperforming retirement plans with high fees, unnecessary exposure to liability, and sometimes even the wrong retirement plan for their needs.
- Inadequate advice: American workers are not given the guidance and advice they need to effectively plan for retirement and given little or no financial wellness education. As a result, a staggering 73% of employees do not feel like they are on the right track to retire.
I realized this was the problem in the retirement plan space that I wanted to solve. And I knew we could do better.
Our plan to help businesses and employees is comprised of 3 parts: assemble the most experienced team possible, utilize the best tech and tools, and guide plan sponsors on the best options so they can make a good decision for their company and employees. Let’s take those one at a time:
- Experienced Team: Our diverse and experienced team is comprised of specialists in employer-sponsored retirement plans. We geek-out on what makes some retirement plans outperform the rest and why some employees achieve retirement readiness and others do not. To improve our value, we continuously pursue industry-specific certifications like AIF, PPC, and CPFA but also spend a lot of time talking with plan participants to learn what is working. We are on a quest to improve retirement plans and the retirement outcomes of the participants. And we do all this with real financial advisors… in real life. While many of our competitors choose to focus on one thing: the fund lineup, we know there’s a lot more to a successful retirement plan so we take a more holistic approach by choosing to focus on you and your employees.
- Great Tools and Tech: We know the importance of selecting the best technology tools available to help our clients and help us help our clients. Our retirement plan tool suite is not only easy-to-use but also CEFEX-certified *. We want you focused on running your business not spending time on your retirement plan or worrying about burdensome DOL audits.
- A Clear Process: From annual review to employee education, and from Investment Policy Statement guidance to our investment monitoring process, we have you covered. Our process is streamlined… and that’s CEFEX-certified too!*